Followers

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Lacy Sunshine is allll about LUV this month!

This week is all about LUVVVVV at Lacy Sunshine and we all have it in spades I'm telling you!  Focusing on pinks, reds, and purples--the colors of Passion--we began to make our creations.  I'm using  Foxglove E Enchantress and by chance, it is one of my favorite flowers...BUT one I simply can't get to grow no matter how hard I try!!!  Every year..I keep on trying...now it's just a running joke between my daughter and I.  SO, at least this way, I CAN grow this beautiful flower into my card.
I like to focus on the image so she is definitely a larger size (the beauty of digitals from Heather Valentin, creator of Lacy Sunshine) on a 6x6 card blank by The Paper Cut.  Their product is so smooth and a good weight!  I matted her with a bright pink mini polkadot cardstock and used paper lace made by a friend, thanks Pam, to trim around the edges.  I got quite a variety from her a couple years ago-she makes it by cutting strips of cardstock, using straight punches down both sides-2 different patterns.  Then when you need it you just trim to fit your creation!  It lays flat and makes it so feminine.  A sentiment and buttons trim off the front. On the inside, I used a multi-hued shimmery paper, paper heart and a great sentiment for any loved one.
NOW, the true confession is that this wasn't my first card--you know the saying about making lemonade out of lemons?  Driving home from work, I'm planning on getting my card posted, ready for the launch...when my sub-conscious kicks in and alerts me that I've used the wrong color combination...just doing what felt good with the image.  I will show you that card also because it IS adorable AND it shows the versatility of the image and how it takes on a whole different personality with different colors.

The beauty is that now I have 2 cards to share with loved ones and that is a good thing.  When coloring it, I'd made an error that couldn't be removed so I added the white Frantage as a "ruffle". 
Guess the thought is that when you do make mistakes, don't let it get you down and bummed out!  Find a way to cover it up and "enhance" the end result--no one will ever know, unless you spill the beans!  Thanks for stopping by and here's to LUV!






2 comments: