Followers

Monday, March 31, 2014

Let's get fruity on Squigglefly this week!

 The challenge this week on Squigglefly is to use fruit on your card--it can be your image or embellishments.  Well since we're finally in Springtime it seems like a natural opportunity.  I tell you I was a little stumped by this at first, but when I started working on some cards this week, I found this great strawberry paper by The Paper Patch called Garden Strawberries. And~click~ I suddenly had the song "Strawberry Fields Forever" in my head!  This image called "Slow & Steady Sally by Cheryl Alger" actually shows her on a tightrope I believe with a ladybug.  I decided to use that curvy line as a guide for a Field of strawberries she was walking on.  With the blue sky background and the Juicy Birthday sentiment, I think it will be a big Smile Maker for a friend's young daughter!


8 comments:

  1. I love how you used fruity patterned paper under Cheryl's image! Very ingenius! Come look at mine-I used another of Cheryl's images in much the same way! LOL Two great crafting minds thinking alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea using the strawberry paper, Carolyn! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I have that song in my mind! What an ingenious way to use fruit! Creative and super cute!!! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just too adorable - and I love the hill made for the image - big smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this Carolyn!! So super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun card.. love your use of the strawberries with this.. never thought to go that route

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had that same song in my head the minute I saw your card! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete