Followers

Monday, February 3, 2014

RED & PINK Challenge at Squigglefly this week! Can you say Valentine's Day?

 What an adorable image to use for this great pre-Valentine's Day RED & PINK Challenge at my favorite Site- Squigglefly!!  The image is from Cheryl Alger's great collection and is called A Big Heart.  I just love coloring her designs!
I tried something new this time--striping the shirt instead of making it solid-I really like the effect.  Mounted it on pink paper and then onto the bed of red roses paper.  Because he was tall and narrow when I got done, I decided to create a little interest by narrowing the front flap of the card so that the "love sayings" paper would show through to the front.  It's by MMBI called Love greetings and could be used for so many card ideas.  I stamped HVD on a pink insert with enough room for a siggy and a personal thought.  I hope all of you are sharing your love thoughts with those that you care about!  Thanks for looking!
Carolyn
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:





14 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute and the coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn! Love your beautiful card! Clouds are awesome!
    Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl’s Challenge, hope to see you again next week.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carolyn…..this is adorable. . .and I just LOVE those amazing clouds. Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved this sassy little character! your card is just cute as can be!
    awesome coloring!
    Thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as can be! Love this little fellow and your creation suits him to a "T".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that shirt is awesome. I love the stripes. Great fold to your card too. Thanks for sharing with us at Sassy Cheryl's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink and red. How perfect....especially the red. ;)
    Love it. Thanks for playing in the SMT fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darling Carolyn! I do like the striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE! Such wonderful coloring and sky and papers! This is a really great Valentines card. Well done and totally cute! Sorry it took me so long to come visit - it was a crazy week! Hugz!!!

    ReplyDelete