Followers

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Paper Cut is an inspiration for Christmas~ I see Santa!


In the hush of winter night, when the ice crystals form a mist around the full moon, I could swear that the shape of St. Nick and his reindeer is streaking across the sky.  When I saw this very special metallic card stock from The Paper Cut called Lapis, I just knew I had to make a card for the midnight hour.  The shimmer and sparkle from this gorgeous  mat cardstock is hard to catch in the photo but it is stunning.  I sponged my interpretation of ice crystals onto the Darcie embossing folder with a white Stampabilities pigment pad. I used gold Stickles for the stars and red for Rudolph's nose. Then added a fitting inside liner for the snowy weather.  I'm sure you are looking for a unique finish for those Christmas cards~be sure to check out this fantastic site.  It's a great place for pre-scored shape card blanks of all varieties, card/lay-out accessories and awesome cardstocks in many varieties.



5 comments:

  1. Oooh love that shimmery paper! I like how you made the snow on the folder. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww I'm so glad you liked it! I reread my post and it sounds like I daubed the folder-I actually sponged the raised image after I ran it through! Loved this folder-Thanks Mel!

      Delete
  2. Carolyn this is stunning! You have made your vision come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card...especially like how you sponged white over some of the embossed images to make them stand out! And on the metallic cardstock....awesome!

    ReplyDelete