Followers

Monday, November 11, 2013

Squiggle Fly is going Dotty--I'm thinking Snow!

This week at Squigglefly, Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals  are asking that we use Polka Dots on our creations and the winning prize is a free digital from our Vast library of images from their talented artists.  What a great opportunity!!   The image that I'm using this week is Christmas Baby Reindeer by Fawn Palmer.  Now this image holds a special place in my heart because it was the image that I used when I actually got published in a magazine!  It was so exciting!!  I also layered a sentiment from the Have a Merry Christmas Set by our own Charlene Mitchell, Design Team Member.  I'm just getting comfortable with that process and plan to use her phrases a lot more!
Now, I know I'm not showing a lot of Dots/Snow but I didn't want to detract too much from the featured image on the card.  Guess it could be pointed out that there are Burgundy Stickles polkadots/berries on the wreath around the neck~ Alright that might be stretching it a little bit!  Hope you get inspired to get started on your cards soon!!  It's so amazing how quickly this gets the jump on us all!



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda!!! Sorry for skimping on the snow "dots" but I just loved this paper and had to use it!

      Delete
  2. Carolyn,
    Your deer is so very sweet and adorable - and your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Love that sweet deer and I think your polka dot idea is perfect! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reindeer is a-dor-able! Love the card and the dots are just enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love the cute little deer and your colouring is beautiful. I am also now your latest keen Follower via Google Friend Connect xxx
    Hugs
    DesĂ­re
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desire, thanks for your sweet comments and I'm glad that you are my **60th** follower-I'm very pleased you've joined me! Look forward to hearing from you often!
      Thanks, Carolyn

      Delete
  6. This is so darling Carolyn. I love the dots being falling snow, and the little touches of glitter on the wreath are great!

    ReplyDelete