Followers

Monday, October 28, 2013

We are Thankful at Squigglefly with our newest Challenge-Thank You cards

I'm using this challenge to create a type of card I so seldom do, a card that's thankful for someone's kindness to them.  At Squigglefly this week the theme is Thank you cards and what with the season, I'm sure there will be many entries centered around Thanksgiving.

But I thought that there's a kindness that's shown that we rarely have a chance to return the favor or say how much it meant to us.  It's when we've suffered a loss or a tragedy and someone has prayed for us, held our hand, put their arm around us to help share the grief.  Those "angels" do the act without any thought of being noticed, or expecting praise.  They are just THERE!  How wonderful we don't have to go through life without compassion for others.

That being said, I wanted to use an image that I've had colored up for some time, waiting for the perfect time to use it-it's called Power of Prayer by Lynne Stansbery, a featured artist from Squigglefly's super group of artists.  In simple elegance, it's a powerful statement.  This digital comes with a wonderful verse also, but to change the focus of the card, I elected not to use it.  However it would make an impactful sympathy card.

So as this season progresses, take time to ponder ALL your reasons to be Thankful.  We truly are Blessed with all our bounty, both in friends and families.





11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Rhonda Thank You...reading over this makes be think that I got a little mushy but I'm still glad I wrote the post!

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous card and a fabulous post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn,
    What a gorgeous card - I love this image! And, your commentary is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just too kind Kathy..Thank you for your sweet remarks.

      Delete
  4. is is such a powerful image.. and an awesome thankyou card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, this image is powerful as Debbie said and you colored it beautifully. I never have thought of it being or a thankful for you or thanks card, but it works perfectly! Love this sweet card. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully said Carolyn!!!! for a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn this is such a beautiful card. Your coloring is amazing, and I really like how you used it as thankful for someone's support card. Gorgeous papers too!

    ReplyDelete