Followers

Monday, February 4, 2013

Snail Mail image for Squiggle Fly's RECIPE Challenge

As always on the first Saturday of the month, Squiggle Fly launches some new digital Images and there is a really FUN artist among those!  Gayle Seach has some darling whimsical images and some extremely detailed images perfect for those hard to make masculine cards.  The set I'm working with today includes many creatures like my snail, frog, bumblebee, dragon fly, just to name a few.
The challenge for Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals team was to use this RECIPE on your card: a button, a flower, and a circle.  I thought about putting the button in the middle of the snail but, I didn't want to cover up her image details!  The background paper is a great glossy embossed Tree/forest paper (sorry for the glare on my picture) and it reminded me of a snail's home!
We have a new challenge every Monday~Play along with the Design Team and show everyone you are up to the Challenge!  It's easy to play along!  You can use any image to play, but to be eligible for the prize you must use a Squigglefly image.  You can use the shop at their site or grab a freebie.  If you're the winner you get to choose any SF image (including the sets)!  See you there!

6 comments:

  1. Carolyn, your card makes this snail look elegant! wowzers! Fabulous inspiration for that set and what a great card for the challenge! Love your flower, button & ribbon combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image! what a super duper cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really cute card, I love the ribbon with the button and the paper is perfect for this little snail mail note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn,
    Your snail is so very cute and you've colored it wonderfully! Your card is so pretty and the recipient will be doing a happy dance to receive your cute snail mail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn this is so cute! I really love how you let the snail be so big and your coloring and color choices are wonderful! I'm casing this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! You made this image look absolutely gorgeous with your wonderful coloring, special bow, and that fun sentiment. I loved this when I saw it in the pre-post gallery and it looks even more stunning on your blog. Really well done inspiration card. Makes me want to get the image and case it! Hugz, Nancy

    ReplyDelete