Followers

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hope your Refrigerator is Running..To Hambo Hoedown

We all know that if a family wants to find anything out that's being scheduled or to see if any important messages have been left, you check the REFRIGERATOR, right?  Well this week at Hambo Hoedown we're acknowledging this great American "Post Office" and to do this, we're using Refrigerator-a digital image by Hambo Stamps.  It comes with a choice of 3 sentiments.  The additional challenge was to use some LEFTOVERS from some of your other cards~ I used the embellished heart "magnet" from a previous Valentine card-the red bumpy paper on the "floor" was from a masculine card and the clock on the kitchen wall was a rub-on from a New's Years Eve card.
I chose to take some liberties with the digital and reverse the image, one of the beauties of using digitals!  That was because I wanted to Open the Freezer door to the interior of the unit where I placed the sentiment "You're So Cool".  I also used an embellished heart to attach to the Frig the sentiment, I'm Stuck on You".  The inside below the Cool sentiment is finished with a Top Note Die Cut.  I think this will make a Great Valentine's Day card.
While you're checking out the Hambo site, be sure to note that there is a DT call currently going on until the 19th in case you'd like to submit your application.  Also there are new sets of Clear stamps being introduced into the shop as well as other scraping supplies~still with the same quality you'd expect of Hambo Stamps.  Be sure to come back on the 18th for a Blog Hop with the Bacon Bits-the theme features comic strips and anyone can join in the parade as a participant.  See you there!

4 comments:

  1. Carolyn, This is great! I love that you can open the freezer and the magnet on front is a cute idea!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn-I think my DH will think he's Too Cool when he gets it on V Day!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  2. Great card, that's neat how it opens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel I really appreciate you kind remarks!
      Carolyn

      Delete