Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring is in the Air at Squiggle Fly-Challenge #8

What a breath of Fresh air to join in this Challenge! What does Spring mean to you...Flowers Blooming? Children Playing? Gardening? Easter? Spring Break? St Patricks Day? just playing outside? Well at Squiggle Fly they wanted us to show them some bright and beautiful springtime cheer items and I'm sharing mine with you using a Cheryl Alger digi and a great sketch from Mojo Monday Sketches http://mojomonday.com/Sketches/Mojo229Sketch.gif  The key with this card is layers, layers, layers.

This large card starts with green cardstock, has 5 panels of spring striped/flowered paper under a pink/green plaid paper from DAISYD's offset onto pink cardstock.  I tied a soft pink satin ribbon on the end of that then elevated an embossed and glittered swirly flower cardstock from DAISYD's on top of the plaid. Then the icing on on the top is the elevated digi colored with copics and baby pearls to look like raindrops.  The inside is finished with the striped paper and a large label die cut for personal sentiments.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Squiggle Fly Challenge #8--Spring with ribbon
Scrapbook Place Blog Challenge--Spring, DT entry
Sassy Cheryl's Blog Challenge #65--What you're Working on

I hope you will still remember that there is a Leap Day Blog Hop at Scrapbook Place with the hosts SBP giving blog candy away as well as some of the ladies participating-just click the link above and join in the fun!  Be sure to leave some love!

13 comments:

  1. Very sweet card! I think your coloring is awesome and I love the papers you used too. thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, this card is just beautiful! Thank you for playing in Squigglefly's challenge and also thank you for allowing Scrapbook Place to showcase your talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it Linda~~You're the enabler you know~you got me hooked on Squiggle Fly and gave me a Home at SBP!

      Delete
  3. oh so sweet -thank you for joining in our Squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my Pleasure!!! I like the SF challenges--Thank you for the love~
      Carolyn

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful, love the layout that you have used. Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Catherine! You know it was your blog that got me started at LCI--looking forward to doing many more! I really love soft pinks! Your comments are much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image and love how you have decoupaged her, beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this fortnight, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the Luv Pami! She just puts a smile on my face! Much appreciated~
      Carolyn

      Delete
  7. This just screams of spring to me. I love your choices of papers and colors you used int he image. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley thanks for the kind comments! I just love how she turned out-puts a smile on my face ~
      Carolyn

      Delete
  8. WOW, love your card Carolyn, absolutely swwet. Glad I found your blog......another one to stalk hehehe

    ReplyDelete